Climbing rungs allow access to and egress from your underground infrastructure.
Climbing rungs are designed for permanent installation in maintenance holes, reservoirs, pumping stations, mines, underground chambers and vaults. Climbing rungs are an alternative to ladders and are most frequently found in factory installed in precast concrete maintenance hole and valve chamber products. Suitable for curved and flat wall structures.
- Suitable for new construction and existing infrastructure
- Flexible installation, cast in, drive in, bolt on
- Easy to install
- Designed for permanent installation
- Meet Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications and Drawings (OPSS and OPSD), ASTM C478, and BNQ
- Slip Resistant
- Available in aluminum, polyethylene coated aluminum and stainless steel type 316
- Impervious to temperature change, impact and vibration
- Standard climbing rungs available in both 304mm and 406mm widths
- Welded construction to CSA standards W47.1 and W47.2
Climbing Rung inserts are available to suit a variety of structure diameters and manufacturing processes. These inserts ensure a consistently formed hole every time.
Hollow to OPSD 405.010” Uniquely ribbed anchor sleeve. Available in 12″ and 16″
Solid to OPSD 405.020 Aluminum. Uniquely ribbed anchor sleeve. Available in 12″ and 16″
Polyethylene coated Aluminum. Available in 12″ and 16″
Stainless Steel Type 316. Welded construction to CSA standards W47.1. Available in 16″.